Saturday 1 November, 2008

Socrates' secret for Houdini followers



Before attempting to establish our knowledge, let us go through a set of quotes from the great Greek philosopher, Socrates. Here they are: I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing. I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance. I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. As for me, all I know is that I know nothing. These well-perceived insight by an eternal doyen of philosophical dialogues should open our eyes.

Learning never stops. Neither does knowledge have a limit. Everyday gifts us newer knowledge. Let us identify them and have an appraisal over the knowledge gathered each day.

There is a lesson in every slot of our action. Read, listen, see, hear and feel them in figures and facts about life; science, truth and so on during each point of our existence. Or else ensure that our activity is such a productive kind that only enhances our knowledge and eradicates the last traces of ignorance.

Magic, as we know, has only three ways to excellence: practice, practice and again practice. Let us recollect the precious sayings of great Socrates and keep our learning process non stop. Let the process continue as long as our Earth has that magical charisma.

Before concluding, here is another dose from the Socrates collection: wisdom begins in wonder. Great. How then magicians, the makers of wonder, can cease the process of learning?

[Editorial of Vismayam Magical News, October 2008 issue.]

No comments: